Each year, DACHSHUND RESCUE OF BUCKS COUNTY & NJ (DRBC) participates in the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of approximately 500 dachshunds and the number continues to increase annually. Of this number, approximately 8-10% are senior citizens (greater than 11 years) or special needs (paraplegics, chronic kidney failure doxies, the blind, etc.).
DRBC sees the elderly, the injured and ill, the neglected, and the outright abused. Our group tries to give these unfortunate souls an extra special chance to find an extraordinary home that, understanding their plight, will somehow try to make it up to them by offering a new and especially loving life. This is why we need to build Cora's House.
The Senior Mission
- Rescue senior and special need dogs in distress.
- Provide lifelong quality care for rescued senior and special needs dogs.
- Adopt appropriate dogs in loving, permanent homes, if possible.
- Develop programs that match senior and special need dogs and senior people for their mutual benefit.
- Foster an awareness of our lifelong responsibility to our companion animals.
- Strengthen the bonds between humans and animals by teaching respect and compassion for all living things.